Hue International Photography Festival 2023: Celebrating Heritage and Promoting Tourism
The upcoming Hue International Photography Festival, scheduled from September 9 to September 15, promises an array of captivating activities, as announced by the People’s Committee of Thua Thien Hue province. The event aims to showcase Vietnam’s stunning landscapes, with a particular focus on the ancient heritage of Hue. By fostering international exchanges through photography, the festival strives to enhance Hue’s brand and elevate its position on the global tourism map.
Participants will have the unique opportunity to capture the essence of Hue’s heritage at various iconic locations, including Lap An Lagoon, Van Mieu, King Minh Mang’s mausoleum, King Tu Duc’s mausoleum, King Khai Dinh’s mausoleum, Quang Loi lagoon, Thanh Toan tile bridge, Thanh Tien paper flower village, and Dong Ba market.
A highlight of the festival is a photo contest where approximately 1000 entries will be evaluated by both domestic and international photographers. The winning photographs will be exhibited and subsequently donated to the Hue Monuments Conservation Center, contributing to the promotion of Hue’s cultural heritage.
In addition to the photography activities, the festival will also feature volunteer initiatives focused on environmental protection and the donation of learning tools to underprivileged children.
Notably, visitors can look forward to an exhibition showcasing the winning photos from the 12th International Art Photo Contest – 2023 in Vietnam. Furthermore, a captivating talk on “Future World Art Photo Trends” is scheduled for September 11, offering insights into the evolving landscape of art photography.
Here are some additional details about the Hue International Photography Festival 2023:
- Cultural Heritage Focus: The festival aims to highlight the rich cultural heritage of Hue. Participants will have the opportunity to explore and photograph iconic historical sites such as King Minh Mang’s mausoleum, King Tu Duc’s mausoleum, and King Khai Dinh’s mausoleum. These locations offer a glimpse into the grandeur and architectural beauty of Vietnam’s past.
- Photographic Exhibition: The festival will feature an exhibition of the winning photos from the 12th International Art Photo Contest – 2023 in Vietnam. This exhibition provides a platform for photographers to showcase their artistic vision and creative expression, adding to the diverse range of photographic works on display.
- Talks and Discussions: Alongside the photography exhibitions, the festival will host various talks and discussions. One notable event is the talk on “Future World Art Photo Trends,” which offers insights into emerging trends and developments in the field of art photography. This session provides a platform for photographers and enthusiasts to engage in stimulating conversations and exchange ideas.
- Volunteer Activities: The festival goes beyond photography and incorporates volunteer initiatives. These activities focus on environmental protection, encouraging participants to contribute to the preservation of the natural beauty surrounding Hue. Additionally, there will be efforts to donate learning tools to support the education of underprivileged children, showcasing the festival’s commitment to social responsibility.
- International Engagement: The Hue International Photography Festival serves as a platform for international exchanges. By attracting both domestic and international photographers, the event fosters cultural understanding, collaboration, and the sharing of diverse perspectives. This global participation adds a dynamic and inclusive dimension to the festival.
- Promoting Tourism: The festival plays a crucial role in promoting tourism in Hue. Through the captivating photographs captured during the event, the beauty and historical significance of Hue’s landscapes and heritage are showcased to a wider audience. This exposure helps raise awareness and attract visitors, contributing to the growth of local tourism.